This course covers the following:
- Force Plays
- Making Tag plays
- Positional Plays
- Offensive and Defensive strategies
- Assessing Skills
- Basic Rules
You must provide evidence of completion for the pre-requisites listed here, in addition to the course content to obtain your course completion certificate.
Pre-requisites for Softball Fundamental Skills, Softball Training and Practice and Softball Managing Games are listed here.
- Play by the Rules (PBTR) – Harassment and Discrimination [You must log into Sport Integrity Australia website to access this course, it needs to be updated every two years]
- Play by the Rules (PBTR) – Child Protection and Safeguarding [You must log into Sport Integrity Australia website to access this course, it needs to be updated every two years]
- Sport Australia Community Coaching or Officiating General Principles [needs to be updated if you have not coached in the last four years
- Coaches Code of Conduct signed and submitted
If you have completed any of the pre-requisites already, you do not have to complete them again, but you must stay up to date and ensure each of the certificates are “current”.
You will be asked in the last section of each course to upload the certificates from your pre-requisite courses.
There is a section at the end of this course for you to upload documents as proof of completion. You can work through this course and the prerequisites at your own pace, but before you are awarded “completion”, the final step is to provide PDF copies of the certificates achieved and your signed Coaches Code of Conduct.
Once your documents are checked you will be notified and your completion certificate made available to you.