This course will help you understand the fundamental skills of softball and how to teach them in a safe, fun and engaging way!
At the completion of this course you will be able to understand:
- How to demonstrate skills
- How to ask great questions and check for understanding
- The basic skills of fielding, catching and throwing
- The basic skills of batting and bunting
- The basic skills of base running
- The basic skills of pitching and catching
- Basic softball terminology
There are many benefits to be gained from ongoing coach education.
The benefits go beyond teaching and refining new skills in players. The knowledge you acquire, then pass on, helps guide players to learn and also to develop key life skills.
There is great personal satisfaction in learning something yourself, then teaching others. You will be rewarded with tremendous pride as as you watch players grow in confidence as they apply the skills you have taught them.
Softball Fundamental Skills takes a look at specific skills and gives you practical tips on how to deliver quality coaching advice to your players.
You must provide evidence of completion for the pre-requisites listed here, in addition to the course content to obtain your course completion certificate.
Pre-requisites for Softball Fundamental Skills, Softball Training and Practice and Softball Managing Games are listed here.
- Play by the Rules (PBTR) – Harassment and Discrimination [You must log into Sport Integrity Australia website to access this course, it needs to be updated every two years]
- Play by the Rules (PBTR) – Child Protection and Safeguarding [You must log into Sport Integrity Australia website to access this course, it needs to be updated every two years]
- Sport Australia Community Coaching or Officiating General Principles [needs to be updated if you have not coached in the last four years
- Coaches Code of Conduct signed and submitted
If you have completed any of the pre-requisites already, you do not have to complete them again, but you must stay up to date and ensure each of the certificates are “current”.
You will be asked in the last section of each course to upload the certificates from your pre-requisite courses.
There is a section at the end of this course for you to upload documents as proof of completion. You can work through this course and the prerequisites at your own pace, but before you are awarded “completion”, the final step is to provide PDF copies of the certificates achieved and your signed Coaches Code of Conduct.
Once your documents are checked you will be notified and your completion certificate made available to you.[/student]