Purchase hard copy here
Target batting introduces the skills of striking and accuracy. It easily leads into other target sports like golf and tennis.
5 - 6, Skill Development
Shot Placement, Striking
- 6 foam balls per group
- A variety of targets (bin, buckets, etc) per group
- 1 batting tee per group
- Set up a batting tee about 3 metres in front of a wall or fence that has a target on it.
- Take 6 balls and see how many times a player can hit the target, batting them off a tee.
- Rotate with other members in the group.
- Score 1 point for every target hit.
- Use a larger target
- Place target closer to the batting line
- Use a number of different sized targets positioned in the field
- Encourage the correct batting technique
- Ensure players stand behind and to the side of the batter while waiting for their turn
- How do you stand to aim the ball into a gap in the field?