Purchase hard copy here
Ship to shore builds on introductory awareness activities. Depending on the call you make, players can practise a variety of locomotor skills.
F - 2, 3 - 4, Skill Development
ACPMP008, ACPMP025, ACPMP043
Balancing, Locomotor Movement
- 4 marker cones
- Players stand on the foul ball line.
- This is called ‘SHIP’.
- The other end line, between the 2 markers located in line with 2nd base is called ‘SHORE’.
- Coach calls out ‘SHIP’ or ‘SHORE’.
- Players sprint to the line called.
- Add ‘HIT THE DECK’. As soon as the coach calls this, all players must drop to the ground.
- For fitness, increase the length of the game or the distance between ‘SHIP’ and ‘SHORE’
- Change direction while players are sprinting to a line, ie while players are sprinting to ‘SHORE’ call out ‘SHIP’
- Encourage players to be aware of the others and space around them
- Why do you think it is important to be able to change your direction quickly when playing a game of softball?