Progressive coach pitch is a modified game of softball that builds on striking and fielding skills and encourages teamwork and thoughtful placement of the ball. Coach pitch introduces the skill of hitting a pitched ball.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development, Game Concepts
ACPMP043, ACPMP045, ACPMP061, ACPMP063
Catching, Fielding, Shot Placement, Striking, Teamwork, Throwing
- 1 soft core ball per group
- 1 glove per player
- 4 bases per group
- 5 batting helmets per group
- 1 set of catchers gear per group
- Players play as 1 team and take it in turns to bat the ball, which is pitched underarm by the coach.
- The batter attempts to run around the bases while the rest of the players field the ball.
- Once a player goes out, they pick up a glove and join the fielding team at right field and the remaining fielders rotate one place.
- Players hit the ball from a batting tee
- Encourage awareness of other players
- Instruct the players to shout ‘MINE’ or their own name when moving to field the ball
- Make sure all players rotate around in the field
- Where is the best place to stand to stop the ball?