Purchase hard copy here
Hollow triangles links to activities requiring fielding, throwing and catching.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development
Catching, Fielding, Locomotor Movement, Throwing
- 1 soft core ball per player
- 1 glove per player
- 3 marker cones per group
- Players form pairs and stand at 2 corners of a triangle marked by marker cones.
- 1 player begins by throwing a high ball into the empty third corner of the triangle; the other player runs to field it.
- Play continues around the triangle.
- Rotate the direction every 5 throws.
- Vary the type of pass
- Make the triangle larger
- Set a time limit and count the number of catches in that time
- Ensure sufficient space between groups
- Can you show me how you caught the ball over your head?
- Why do we use 2 hands to catch?
- How do you field a ball that is rolling away from you?