Purchase hard copy here
Borna Jokee supports players to develop their passing and catching skills whilst under time pressure.
5 - 6, Skill Development
Catching, Teamwork, Throwing
- 15 balls per group
- Marker cones
- 1 glove per player (optional)
- Divide your players into groups of 4; players stand on a marked line 5 metres away from player 4.
- Each player on the line has 5 balls to throw underarm to player 4.
- Player 4 tries to catch and place on the ground as many balls thrown to them as possible, until no balls are left.
- This continues until all players have had a turn as the catcher.
- It is essential for the players throwing the ball to time their throws so the player catching has a chance to work on their reaction and ability to catch each ball from a different thrower.
- Shorter distance, larger balls or bean bags
- Longer distance, larger area, smaller balls, use a glove
- Can you show me how the catcher should stand while waiting to receive the balls?