Want to run a Softball Batter Up Program?
To run a Softball Batter Up program at your Association you can set up your program webpage here.
You must be a Softball Australia affiliated association to take part in this program.
Completing the following steps will help to set up your programs very own webpage.
The webpage will have all the information about your program that you can advertise and share on flyers or social media as you promote to your local community. Each page has its own URL to use.
Once set up, participants can find your program when they search for somewhere to play on the Softball Batter up website.
You can set up online registration directly from your program’s webpage so it’s easy for participants to sign up.
You can even set up online payments directly through your program webpage.
STEP 1: Register your association to host a Softball Batter Up program
STEP 2: Register the details of your program to go on its very own webpage
STEP 3: Once your details are uploaded, promote your program webpage.
There are many benefits for using the Softball Batter Up program, which include the online platform, plus quality resources for those important club coaches and teachers, delivering the program.
The aim of using Softball Batter Up is to help member states, clubs and associations to increase junior participation. The resources provided with all the game ideas, the online platform and functions such as the session planner or pre-planned programs give your personnel the know how to deliver a high quality softball experience for participants.
- Pre-planned 4 and 6 lesson programs for three targeted age groups
- A specially developed session planner to design your own SBU session
- “How to guide” for using the website and Softball Batter Up resources
- Planning and conducting your SBU sessions
- Information about Games Sense and the CHANGE IT approach
- How to quickly and easily form groups
- Important safety considerations
- A softball glossary, explaining many of the terms used in softball
- Resources to help upskill your volunteer coaches
- Access to, and promotion of a nationally branded program for junior recruitment
- Increase in junior softball memberships
- A greater awareness of softball within the general community
- Opportunities to build relationships with businesses, media and government authorities
- Database of participants state-wide
- The ability to earn revenue for ongoing development
- Resources are provided to help upskill your volunteer coaches
- A nationally recognised program featuring skill activities and games to suit the age and ability of all participants
- Alignment with a nationally branded recruitment program that will assist growing junior recruitment at the local level
- To provide leverage of the Softball Australia logo and brand
- Increased community exposure through local media and website promotion of the program
- An opportunity to develop and maintain strong links to local schools to promote the program
- Recruitment of new participants and volunteers
- When organisers use and follow the SBU program the sessions will be professional, engaging, well-planned, safe and above all – FUN!
- Quality softball sessions provided by certified coaches
- Safe, fun and engaging physical activity
- Access to purchase equipment at reduced prices through their association
Promoting Your Program
- A suite of tools has been developed to help Clubs and Associations promote their program in the local community. The materials are designed to be used for digital promotion with hard copy assets available as well.
- The assets have been designed by Softball Australia and are available to download for Clubs and Associations for free.
- Marketing assets are available for download here.