Tunnel ball throw is a modified game of softball that builds on striking and fielding skills and encourages teamwork and thoughtful placement of the ball.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development, Game Concepts
ACPMP043, ACPMP045, ACPMP061, ACPMP063
Catching, Fielding, Shot Placement, Striking, Teamwork, Throwing
- 1 batting tee per group
- 1 foam bat per group
- 1 foam ball per group
- Form 2 teams of 5; 1 batting team and 1 fielding team.
- The batting team hits the ball off the batting tee.
- Fielders run to the ball, line up in a straight line and roll the ball between the fielders’ legs.
- The last fielder throws the ball back to the coach at the tee.
- Runners score by running around a cone 5 metres from the tee.
- Reduce the distance of the marker cone
- Increase the distance between the batting tee and the base
- Encourage awareness of other players
- Instruct players to shout ‘MINE’ or their own name when moving to field the ball
- Ensure a safe distance around the batter at all times
- How can you work as a team to field the ball quickly?