Purchase hard copy here
Triangle tag builds on introductory spatial awareness activities. Space and player awareness is important for all indoor and outdoor games and sports.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Warm Up
Balancing, Locomotor Movement, Tagging
- 4 marker cones
- Arrange players into groups of 4.
- To form a triangle, 3 children join hands while the fourth stands outside the triangle facing the group.
- 1 player within the triangle is nominated as ‘IT’.
- Without breaking hands, the triangle group tries to move themselves to prevent the outsider from tagging the player who is ‘IT’.
- Change outside player every 20-30 seconds
- On your call, vary the group size and the number of ‘IT’ players
- Encourage players to be aware of others and the space around them
- Start off at a slower place
- Encourage team cooperation
- What are the different ways you can prevent the person who is ‘IT’ from being tagged?
- Can you show me the best way to tag the ‘IT’ player