Purchase hard copy here
Throw roll links to activities that require fielding, throwing and catching and can lead on to softball, baseball, cricket and tee ball.
F - 2, Warm Up, Skill Development
Catching, Fielding, Rolling, Throwing
- 1 ball per pair
- Divide your players into 2 even groups.
- The group line up approximately 4 metres apart and facing one another. Players facing each other become a pair and work together.
- The coach decides which is done first – roll or throw and decides which games to play first, eg first to 10 or how many are completed in a set time.
- When deciding, players roll ground balls to each other making sure not to fumble; or throw a ball to each other making sure they don’t drop it.
- Larger balls, shorter distance
- Smaller balls, longer distance
- Can you show me how you should stand when you are waiting to field the ball?
- Where should we aim when throwing the ball to your partner?