Rebound catch is an intermediate throwing and catching activity. The activity allows players to explore the effect of different ball trajectories. Player experimentation, observation and understanding can be facilitated.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development
Catching, Fielding, Teamwork, Throwing
- 1 foam ball per group
- Play in groups of 4.
- Groups stand 3-4 metres away from a wall.
- 1 player starts by throwing a ball at the wall.
- Players attempt to take rebound catches and field the ball.
- Change feeder every 3 throws.
- Each player finds their own space on the wall and catches their own rebounds
- Ensure players are ready and facing the wall before the ball is thrown
- How can you make sure you field as many balls as possible as a group?
- Why is it important to watch the ball carefully when it hits the wall?
- What happens if the ball hits 2 different corners of the wall?