Purchase hard copy here
Noughts and crosses can be used as a high-energy warm-up that requires agility. A good lead-in to fielding and baserunning.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development
Locomotor Movement, Teamwork
- 9 hoops
- 6 blue bean bags
- 6 red bean bags
- Form 2 teams of 4; a red team and a blue team.
- Teams line up side-by-side, 5 metres away from the hoops.
- On the word ‘GO’, the leaders run to the hoops and place a coloured bean bag in one of the hoops.
- The leaders return to their team and tag the next runner who races to the hoops and place their bean bag in another hoop.
- This continues in a relay format until one team has 3 coloured bean bags in a row
- Reduce the distance to the hoops
- Increase the distance to the hoops
- Spread the hoops further part
- Change the locomotor movement
- Where is the best place to leave the first bean bag?
- Show me how to stand when you are getting ready to run to the hoops?