Purchase hard copy here
Kolap is a target game that provides interest and variety to other games, like bocce. This activity also helps to improve accuracy.
F - 2, 3 - 4, Warm Up
ACPMP008, ACPMP025, ACPMP043
- A target for each team (softball bases, rubber mats or towels)
- 4 bean bags or balls per player
- 6 markers
- Players work in teams of 2 to throw objects toward a designated target, such as a mat.
- For each successful throw, teams are awarded 1 point.
- The ball must land completely on the target to score.
- The first team to a set number of points wins.
- Change the distance and size of the target
- Vary the type of throw – front-on, side-on, 1 or 2 hands
- Set a time limit for each round of 4 kolaps thrown
- Beginners can use bean bags and bigger targets
- Ensure adequate space for the number of players
- Players wait for others to finish their round before moving onto the playing area
- Can you show me the best type of throw to use to hit the target?
- What type of throw lands softly?
- What type of throw is the most accurate?
- What type of throw goes further?