Keep them in develops the skills of moving into space and relies on passing and catching skills. Defenders have to close down space and attackers have to find space and choose between options.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development
Catching, Spatial Awareness, Throwing
- 4 Marker cones per group
- 1 ball per group
- Divide players into groups of 3 and nominate 1 player as ‘IT’.
- 2 players stand opposite each other with ‘IT’ standing in the centre.
- ‘IT’ tries to catch the ball entering the playing area.
- Once the ball has been caught, players change position so each player gets a turn in the centre
- Use a bigger ball and allow bounce-throws only
- Set a time limit and change the ‘IT’ player
- Players score 1 point for each ball caught
- 5 players, 1 player plays as the ‘IT’ player and stands in the middle of the playing area. Players pass the ball keeping it from the ‘IT’ player.
- Are there other types of throws we can use?
- Could we use more players? If so, how?
- How can we make this game harder or easier?
- Where is the best place to stand when defending?