Purchase hard copy here
Keep it off links to activities requiring throwing, catching and defending.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development
Catching, Defending, Throwing
- 1 foam ball per group
- Divide the players into groups of 3, with 2 players passing the ball to each other, keeping it away from the third group member.
- When the ball is intercepted, players switch roles.
- Reduce the playing area
- Introduce a no-go zone that only the defender can enter
- On your call, vary the type of pass, ie ground ball, underarm or overarm
- Set a target
- Add a time limit
- Fielding players should move their feet and body behind the ball
- Players should bend at the knees and waist, with the fingers pointing down to field the ball
- What can we do to make this game harder for the player trying to intercept the ball?
- When the defender is standing in front of you, what is the best type of throw?
- When the defender is standing next to the receiver, what type of throw is best?