Purchase hard copy here
How high is a simple energetic and fun activity that teaches proper throwing and catching techniques.
F - 2, 3 - 4, Warm Up
ACPMP008, ACPMP025, ACPMP043
- 1 ball or bean bag per pair
- Divide your players into 2 even groups.
- The groups line up approximately 2 metres apart and facing each other.
- Each pair has a ball. Each line chooses a team name.
- Call the name of one of the teams.
- The members of that team throw their ball straight up in the air as high as possible and then run to their designated line.
- Each player’s partner tries to catch the ball before their partner reaches the line.
- 1 point is scored each time a player makes it to the line before their partner catches the ball.
- If players are struggling to score, stop the game, review techniques and ask other players to share their tips on scoring points
- Check there is enough space between each pair
- Make sure players run in a straight line when running to the line
- Which throw helps you get the ball high enough to make it to the line before it is caught
- As a catcher what did you need to do to catch the ball before your partner reached the line?