Purchase hard copy here
Hoop throw combines fielding, passing and target throwing.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development
Catching, Teamwork, Throwing
- 1 hoop per pair
- 1 foam ball per pair
- 1 bucket (or similar) per pair
- Players stand opposite their partner in a wide circle around a hoop.
- Instruct players to throw the ball so it bounces inside the hoop for their partner to catch.
- 1 point is scored for each catch.
- Decrease the distance between the hoop and the players
- Players get 2 points for catching the ball in the hoop
- Receiver moves backwards on each catch
- Increase the distance between the hoop and the player
- Is it easier to catch the ball on the full in the hoop or on the bounce?