Hoop relay run is an activity that practises movement exploration and raises awareness of body parts.
3 - 4, Warm Up
Balancing, Locomotor Movement
1 hoop per team
4 marker cones
1 ball (optional)
- Divide your players into groups of even numbers, lining up at each end of a 10-15 metre running space with a hoop marking the halfway point.
- The first players of each group runs to the hoop; performs an activity called by the coach then runs to the opposite end and tag the next player.
- After the tag, that player runs to the hoop, performs the activity and runs to tag the next player. This continues in a relay format until all players return to their original positions.
- This activity can be done competitively, racing against the other groups.
Vary the locomotor movement to skipping, hopping or jumping to and from the hoop
- Decrease the distance between the running space
- Add a ball to run with an pass off to the opposite team member
- Can you show me different types of movements we can do at the hoop?