Purchase hard copy here
Hit the spot is an inclusive activity to develop throwing, fielding and catching skills.
F - 2, 3 - 4, Skill Development, Game Concepts
ACPMP025, ACPMP029, ACPMP043, ACPMP045
Catching, Fielding, Throwing
- 6 marker cones per group
- 1 soft core ball per pair
- Players form pairs and stand either side of a target area marked by cones.
- Player 1 bounces the ball into target area.
- Player 2 moves in to field the ball, returning it back to the thrower as quickly as possible.
- Score 1 point for each successful return.
- Increase the distance between player 1 and the target
- Player 1 moves position after the throw to player 2
- Player 2 throws to a target
- Turn side-on to throw the ball
- What method can you use to make your throw more accurate?
- Where is the best place to throw the ball to score more points?
- In which direction should you step when you throw the ball?