Hit hit throw and go is a fielding game that develops teamwork. The batters are challenged to place balls tactically and fielders to position themselves effectively and return the balls in the shortest possible time.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development, Game Concepts
ACPMP043, ACPMP045, ACPMP061, ACPMP063
Catching, Fielding, Shot Placement, Teamwork, Throwing
- 1 batting tee per group
- 1 ball per group
- Marker cones
- 1 bucket per group
- 1 bat per group
- Play in teams of 4.
- In a marked diamond area, divide your players into 1 fielding team and 1 batting team.
- Fielders are not allowed inside the base lines and not allowed to move until the last ball has been thrown into the field of play.
- The batter hits 2 balls off a tee and throws 1 ball into the field of play.
- The player can either run the bases or run/walk back and forth between 2 markers to score runs for their team.
- As the last ball is thrown, fielders collect all 3 balls and place them in the hoop or bucket as quickly as possible to minimise run scoring.
- Minimise the running distance to score runs
- Increase the running distance between 2 markers to score runs
- Where can we hit and throw each ball to make it harder?
- As a team, where should you position players to stop the ball getting past?
- What is a fast way to get all 3 balls in the bucket?