Purchase hard copy here
Gorri is a target activity where the target moves. This requires a combination of throwing skills and anticipation.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development
Accuracy, Teamwork, Throwing
- 1 large low impact or fit ball per group
- 1 soft core ball or bean bag per player
- A coach rolls the ball in front of the other players who attempt to hit the moving target with an overarm throw.
- A player at the other end returns the ball to the roller while dispersed balls are gathered.
- Players throw or bounce the ball towards the target
- Increase the size of the ball
- Use a smaller target ball
- Use a bigger playing area
- Vary the speed of the roll
- Use bean bags instead of balls to practise the pitching technique
- Bouncing the target ball provides an interesting challenge
- Make sure all players have thrown before the balls are collected
- Signal when safe to do so.
- What rules can apply to make it easier?
- What do you think is best: to play fast, or to time rolling the balls?
- How can we change this activity?
- What type of throw is the most accurate?