Fielding soccer combines passing, catching, running and fielding with the need to evade defenders and hit a target. Interceptors have to read the play and anticipate the throw.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development, Game Concepts
ACPMP043, ACPMP045, ACPMP061, ACPMP063
Catching, Defending, Fielding, Teamwork
- 1 low impact volleyball (or similar) per group
- 12 marker cones per group
- Mark out an area with marker cones as goal posts.
- Players form into teams of 4.
- Rolling and fielding the ball between their teammates, players attempt to score goals.
- The ball can only roll through goals and cannot be lifted into the air.
- A player cannot run or move off the spot with the ball.
- Reduce the size of the field
- Have 2 end zones (goals) at each end
- Use more than 1 ball at a time
- Use balls of various sizes
- Limit the time in the goal area
- Introduce a number of passes before they can shoot a goal
- What can you do to help your teammates receive the ball?
- Where is the best place to stand when defending your opponents’ goal?