Engage all is a striking and fielding game that gets everyone involved. The game encourages teamwork and thoughtful placement of the ball.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development, Game Concepts
ACPMP043, ACPMP045, ACPMP061, ACPMP063
Catching, Shot Placement, Striking, Teamwork, Throwing
- 1 batting tee per group
- 1 bat per group
- 1 foam ball per group
- Form 2 teams of 5; 1 batting team and 1 fielding team.
- A ball is hit off a batting tee into the field.
- The batter runs around their teammates and all fielders must touch the ball.
- When all fielders have touched the ball, the fielders call ‘STOP’ and the batter stops running.
- 1 run is scored each time the batter runs around their teammates.
- Rotate players in the field regularly.
- Use a larger, softer ball and bat
- Players kick the ball into play
- Rotate players in the field regularly
- Ensure a safe distance is kept around the batter at all times
- Players roll the ball back to the coach at the batting tee
- Ensure all players in the field are ready prior to the ball being hit
- How can the batter run around their teammates faster?
- How can the fielders pass the ball faster to each other?
- Where is the best position to place yourself in the field to stop the ball?