Purchase hard copy here
End to end builds on introductory invasion activities requiring throwing and catching.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development, Game Concepts
ACPMP043, ACPMP045, ACPMP061, ACPMP063
Catching, Defending, Throwing
- 1 foam ball (or similar per group)
- 8 markers cones
- Play in teams of 8 or less.
- 2 teams spread the length of the playing area.
- On your signal, the player with the ball at one end passes the ball to a teammate.
- This continues until a goal is scored at the other end.
- If the ball is dropped, the other team begins with the ball.
- The goal defender of the attacking team begins with the ball.
- Defenders try to intercept the ball.
- No running with the ball.
- Reduce the playing area
- Allow 2 drops or intercepts before the ball is turned over to the other team
- A player can run with the ball until tagged
- Use role models to emphasise good examples of throwing and catching
- Encourage players to communicate with each other
- Where can you stand to defend a pass?
- How can you defend the player with the ball?