Purchase hard copy here
Croc frenzy is a rolling and trapping activity that leads to improved fielding skills.
3 - 4, Skill Development
ACPMP008, ACPMP025, ACPMP043
Catching, Fielding, Locomotor Movement, Throwing
- 1 foam ball (or similar) per player
- 1 glove per player (optional)
- Players form a large circle with feet touching.
- 1 player stands in the middle of the circle with all the balls.
- On your signal, the player in the middle attempts to roll the balls through the outside players’ legs.
- Use larger balls
- Roll more than 1 ball at a time, ie 2 or more players in the middle
- Move behind the ball
- Bend at the waist and knees
- Watch the ball into your hands
- Reinforce fielding stance
- Make the circle larger to increase lateral movement
- How can you work as a team to stop the balls leaving the circle?
- Show me how you can make your passes quicker?