Purchase hard copy here
Continuous fielding is a rolling and trapping activity that leads to improved fielding skills.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development
Catching, Fielding, Locomotor Movement, Rolling, Throwing
- Marker cones
- 3 balls per group
- Divide the group into 2 teams.
- Line each team up, facing each other, approximately 10-15 metres apart.
- Place 3 balls at each end.
- Players roll the ball back and forth across the playing area.
- If an opposition players miss the ball, or do not field it cleanly, they must move to the side where they can team up with another partner and continue to practise fielding.
- The game concludes when 1 team has no fielders left to field the balls.
- Take balls away (less balls moving at the same time)
- More balls in (increase balls moving at the same time)
- Should we use 1 or 2 hands to field a ball?
- How can we make this game harder or easier?