Purchase hard copy here
Circle grounders is a rolling and trapping activity that leads to improved fielding skills.
F - 2, 3 - 4, Skill Development
ACPMP008, ACPMP025, ACPMP043
Catching, Fielding, Locomotor Movement, Throwing
- 5 soft core balls per group
- 1 glove per player
- Players form a large circle.
- 1 player begins with the ball and rolls it to another person in the circle.
- That player fields the ball and rolls it to another player in the circle, trying to get it through their legs.
- Use larger balls
- Play with 2 or more balls
- Make the circle bigger
- Move behind the ball
- Bend at the waist and knees
- Watch the ball into your hand
- What can you do to help your teammates receive the ball?