Purchase hard copy here
Cats and dogs develops spatial awareness that is crucial for softball.
F - 2, 3 - 4, 5 - 6, Warm Up
ACPMP008, ACPMP025, ACPMP043, ACPMP061
Locomotor Movement, Tagging
- 4 marker cones
- Players sit back-to-back along a line approximately 1 metre apart. 1 line is ‘CATS’, the other ‘DOGS’.
- Call the lines randomly. When a line is called, the group must stand and run to the safe zone in front of them.
- The other group chases. If tagged, players must move to the other team.
- Players start lying down
- Vary the locomotor movements
- Change the size of the playing area
- Encourage players to be aware of others and the space around them
- What can you do to get to your feet quickly?
- What can you do to make this activity easier or harder?