Purchase hard copy here
Catching in pairs links to activities regarding throwing and catching.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development
Catching, Locomotor Movement, Throwing
- 1 soft core ball per pair
- 1 glove per player
- Players form pairs.
- On your signal, players throw to each other aiming for their partner’s chest.
- After 5 successful throws, each player takes 1 step back aiming to reach the line behind them.
- Use player role models to demonstrate the correct technique and become familiar with the glove.
- Reduce the distance between players and throw underarm
- Players count the number of consecutive catches and try to increase this number
- Players count the number of throws each pair can make in 30 seconds
- Hold the ball in the fingers, not the palm of the hand
- Take a step forward as you throw
- Aim for your partner’s chest
- Stand side-on to the player you are throwing to
- Catch the ball in the pocket of the glove
- What do you need to do with your bare hand and the glove to make sure the ball stays in?