Bunting accuracy encourages thoughtful placement of the ball and develops fielding and throwing skills.
5 - 6, Skill Development, Game Concepts
Catching, Fielding, Shot Placement, Spatial Awareness, Teamwork, Throwing
- 1 bat per group
- 1 soft core ball per group
- 1 glove per fielding player
- 1 batting tee (optional)
- 1 set of catching gear
- 4 marker cones
- Set up cones 2 metres from each foul line.
- A ball is pitched to the batter who bunts the ball trying to keep it within the marker cones and foul lines.
- Players score points for tapping the ball through the scoring zone.
- Rotate players regularly.
- Players bunt the ball from a batting tee
- Shorten the distance between the markers
- Where are you going to aim to tap the ball?
- How can we use bunting in a game situation?
- What do you need to do differently to reduce the speed of the hit?