Purchase hard copy here
Bombard ball is a target activity that combines accurate throwing, tactics, teamwork and fun.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development
Accuracy, Teamwork, Throwing
- 1 large ball per group
- 4 marker cones per group
- 1 bean bag per player
- Divide your players into groups of at least 4.
- The objective is for each group to get their team’s ball over the goal line at the opposite end by hitting it with smaller balls or bean bags.
- The team that gets the ball over the line first, wins.
Use different ball sizes and time how long it takes.
- Reduce the throwing distance
- Reduce the size of the target
- Increase the throwing distance
- Where should we hit the ball to keep it on a straight line?
- Can you show me what type of throw will be most accurate?
- Why do you think this throw would be more effective?
- Where do you step when you are about to throw the ball?
- Where is the best place to stand so the ball doesn’t pass you?
- How do you work as a team to move your target ball forward?