Blast ball is a modified game of softball that builds on striking and fielding skills and encourages teamwork and thoughtful placement of the ball. It provides a good introduction to softball.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development, Game Concepts
ACPMP043, ACPMP044, ACPMP061, ACPMP063
Catching, Fielding, Shot Placement, Striking, Teamwork, Throwing
- 1 batting tee per group
- 1 foam bat per group
- 1 foam ball per group
- 1 blast base per group
- Form 2 teams of 6.
- The fielding team take their positions in the field.
- The batter hits a ball off a tee into the field and attempts to reach the blast base before 1st base receives the ball.
- If the batter reaches the base before a defensive player either catches the ball in the air or fields it and yells ‘BLAST’ they score 1 run
- The batter can continue running until the fielding team yells ‘BLAST’
- Allow each team to bat through their order before changing over
- The batter scores 1 run for each base reached
- Reduce the distance to the bases
- The ideal number of players per team is 5-6. This keeps the game moving quickly and makes the players more active.
- Can you show me what type of throw you would use to get the ball in faster?