Beat the bucket is a fielding game that develops teamwork. Runners are challenged to place balls tactically and fielders to position themselves effectively and to return the balls in the shortest time possible.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development, Game Concepts
ACPMP043, ACPMP045, ACPMP061, ACPMP063
Catching, Fielding, Shot Placement, Striking, Teamwork, Throwing
- 1 batting tee per group
- 1 foam bat per group
- 3 foam balls per group
- 1 target (bin, bucket) per group
- A batter hits 3 balls into the field and then attempts to run around 4 markers before fielders place all 3 balls in a bucket and call ‘STOP’.
- Players run to a base before all the balls are fielded
- Fielders cannot move until the third ball is hit
- Fielders have to run the ball into the bucket rather than throw it
- How do you get the ball back in the bucket faster?
- Where should the batter place the ball to score the most number of points?
- How could we make this activity easier or harder?