Purchase hard copy here
Bat tapping is a fun activity that allows players to develop hand-eye and bat coordination.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development
- 1 soft core ball per player
- 1 bat per player (foam, plastic, alloy)
- Each player has a bat and a ball suitable for their age and ability.
- The aim is to hit the ball into the air continuously and keep the ball from hitting the ground.
- use a lighter bat and foam ball
- Use a flat-edged cricket bat
- Allow 1 bounce before hitting the ball back into the air
- Count the number of taps you can do in a row
- Move around a designated course
- Use multiple balls
- Tap in pairs, counting consecutive taps
- Encourage players to be aware of others and the space around them
- Which part of the bat do you need to hit the ball with so it will go straight up in the air?