Purchase hard copy here
Along the line combines running with throwing and catching
3 - 4, Skill Development
Catching, Locomotor Movement, Throwing
- 1 ball per group
- Marker cones
- 1 glove per player (optional)
- Divide your players into groups of 5; each player stands at a marker cone placed in lines 8 metres apart.
- The player at the end marker for each group starts by throwing a ball up the line so each team member catches and then throws to the next player, finally reaching the other end.
- Once the end player catches the ball, they run down the line to the front marker and each team member moves down 1 position.
- This activity ends when the player who started the activity is back at their original position.
- Use different types of throws; rolling or fly balls
- Larger balls, shorter distance
- Smaller balls, use gloves, increase the distance; timed activity
- What do we need to do to get the ball down the line faster?