Purchase hard copy here
2 square bounce aims to develop the concepts of finding space, anticipation, teamwork and deception.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development
Bouncing, Catching, Teamwork, Throwing
- 1 volleyball or similar per pair
- 6 marker cones per court
- A court surface that allows the ball to bounce
- Players form pairs and take sides opposite each other on the court. The player with the ball serves. The ball must cross the line above waist height.
- Play continues until 1 player cannot return the ball after 1 bounce, or the ball is thrown out of court, or the receiver drops the ball. The serve alternates between players.
- Play to a specified number of points or set a time limit. 1 point is scored for winning the rally.
- Play 3 v 3 and alternate serves
- Restrict the time in possession depending on the ability of the players, eg 3 seconds or more
- Provide a no-go or bounce-free zone
- Change the type of passes players can use, eg chest pass, one handed pass, overhead pass or underarm pass
- Change the type of ball used
- Where is the best place to bounce the ball when you serve?
- Where should you stand ready to catch the ball on the bounce?