Purchase hard copy here
Hit the hoop is an inclusive activity that encourages players to try different sending techniques, reflect on the results and change if necessary.
F - 2, 3 - 4, Skill Development
ACPMP008, ACPMP025, ACPMP043
- 1 foam ball per players
- Marker cones
- Divide your players into groups of 4.
- Using a hoop as a target, place it onto a fence, wall or hold out at chest height when standing.
- Set out markers cones at distances of 5, 8 10 and 12 metres.
- Each player in the group has a ball and starts at the 5 metre mark then throws at the target hoop registering 1 point per target hit.
- Each player will have 3 throws at each distance, only retrieving the balls after all players have thrown.
- Use larger targets positioned closer to the throwing line
- Score bonus points if the ball hits a target
- Set a target and compete in teams. Aim for the smallest number of throws to hit each target or the most number of targets hit in a certain time.
- Set different points depending on the distance of the target from the pitching line
- Why is it hitting a target so important?
- Where should we be looking when we are throwing the ball?
- What method of gripping the ball is the most successful?