Purchase hard copy here
Pairs passing links to activities that help to develop throwing and catching skills.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development
Catching, Locomotor Movement, Throwing
- 1 foam ball per pair (or similar low impact ball)
- 1 glove each (optional)
- Players form pairs.
- On your signal, players throw to each other for 30 seconds.
- At the end of 30 seconds, the player with the ball moves to form a new pair.
- Throwing starts again.
- Reduce the distance between players and throw underarm
- Players count the number of consecutive catches and try to increase this number
- Players count the number of throws each pair can make in 30 seconds
- Hold the ball in the fingers, not the palm of the hand
- Stand side-on to the player you are throwing to
- Catch the ball with 2 hands
- Ensure a safe distance between pairs
- Each pair to throw in the same direction
- How can you increase the number of throws within the time limit?
- Where should your glove hand be pointing when you are about to make a throw?
- In which direction should you be stepping when you are about to make a throw?