Fast track is a modified game of softball that builds on striking and fielding skills and encourages teamwork and thoughtful placement of the ball. Fast track introduces the skill of pitching and hitting a pitched ball.
3 - 4, 5 - 6, Skill Development, Game Concepts
ACPMP043, ACPMP045, ACPMP061, ACPMP063
Catching, Fielding, Shot Placement, Striking, Teamwork, Throwing
- 1 soft core ball per group
- 1 batting tee per group (optional)
- 4 bases per group
- 1 glove per player
- 1 set of catchers gear per group
- Play in teams of 6.
- Each batter has 3 attempts to hit the ball pitched by the opposition.
- If no ball is hit, the coach pitches a maximum of 2 balls to the player or they can use a batting tee.
- Batters may run as many bases as they can until the ball is thrown and held on a base ahead of the runner. On a ball pitched by the coach, batters may only run to 1st base.
The batter is out when:
- The ball is caught on the full
- A batted ball is fielded and thrown to 1st base before the batter arrives
- A fielder with the ball touches the base the batter is running to before the batter arrives at the base
- The coach pitches the ball
- Use a batting tee
- Can you show me the type of throw that is the most accurate?