Purchase hard copy here
Cut the cake is an introductory passing and catching activity.
F - 2, 3 - 4, Warm Up, Skill Development
ACPMP008, ACPMP025, ACPMP043
Catching, Teamwork, Throwing
- 1 foam ball per group
- Form groups of 4 to 5.
- A leader stands in front of each group 3 metres away.
- The leader throws to each player in the group.
- Once each player has received the ball, the first player in line runs out to take the leader’s place.
- The previous leader then moves to the end of the line and the activity continues.
- Use a larger ball
- Groups race each other as a mini competition
- Increase the size of the circle
- Keep your eyes on the ball
- What can you do to encourage your teammates?
- How can you make your passes quicker?