Purchase hard copy here
Chain tag is an activity that develops cooperative behaviours as players work together to move around the playing area.
F - 2, 3 - 4, Warm Up
ACPMP008, ACPMP025, ACPMP043
Locomotor Movement, Teamwork
- 4 marker cones
- Players spread out within a designated area.
- 2 players are nominated as taggers and hold hands to form a chain.
- Holding hands they run to tag as many players as they can.
- Once tagged, others join the chain.
- Only outside hands can tag free runners, ie. first and last person of the chain.
- Include more players in a chain
- Change the size of the playing area
- Encourage players to be aware of others and the space around them
- Is it easier or harder with more people in the chain?
- What is the best way to work as a team to tag players?